Youth Services Supervisor/Specialist (ORC I) - #603844
State of Missouri
Date: 11/25/2021 19:30 PM
City: Fulton, Missouri
Salary: $37,430 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why you'll love this position:
Working with the Division of Youth Services is more than it seems. You will be working with staff to create a safe, therapeutic, and educational environment for youth in our day treatment and residential programs. To succeed in this position you will need to be empathetic, nonjudgmental, cooperative, encouraging, able-bodied, professional, and respectful; you must be able to communicate clearly, honestly and openly. We also offer a variety of great benefits including health, dental, vision, paid holidays, cafeteria plans, retirement, and more. Join us and help make the difference for our youth today!
What you'll do:
Conducts follow-up program and evaluates participants' attitudes, progress, development, and commitment toward the program after completion of training.
- Organizes and supervises various outdoor individual or group problem solving activities.
- Orients selected participants to program objectives, activities, and expectations
- Instructs participants in various outdoor skills to include first aid, rock climbing, canoeing, route finding, or rappelling
- Supervises participants' applications of outdoor skills on a wilderness survival expedition (lasting 3-15 days) and counsels participants on behavior/performance.
- Documents behavioral assessments of participants and their progress in the program through course and status reports
- Intermediate knowledge of the techniques, methods, and goals of rehabilitative therapy to include group dynamics, safety systems, and participant assessment
- Ability to physically participate in the active direction of a variety of individual and group activities.
Qualifications: One or more years of experience performing adventured based counseling or treatment activities as a Youth Services Worker (Youth Specialist II) or higher level position with the Missouri Division of Youth Services; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 earned credit hours in one or a combination of the following: Education, Psychology, Sociology, Recreation, or a closely related field; and, One or more years of professional experience in the field of rehabilitative therapy in an outdoor skills program (such as Outward Bound or an adventure based counseling or treatment program).
A Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of youth treatment experience and/or relevant certification. (Substitutions may be allowed.)
Special requirements: Comprehensive knowledge of program activities such as route finding, rock climbing, canoeing, rappelling, spelunking, identification and preparation of wild edibles, crisis intervention techniques, emergency treatment procedures, equipment, clothing, supplies, and tools necessary for the safe completion of all program activities.
If you experience an accessibility issue while applying at mocareers.mo.gov, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-526-0416. If you have questions about this position please contact: email@example.com.
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.