Senior Systems Engineer – TS/SCI with Poly - #603875
Leidos Holdings Inc.
Date: 11/25/2021 19:30 PM
City: Aurora, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced, focused IT professional to serve as a Senior Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer's mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Systems Engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently or under general supervision to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions of program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results. Applicants must be available to provide out-of-band support as required.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise ensuring exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer's mission IT ecosphere
- Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as a Senior Systems Engineer interfacing with PM and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support system engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Facilitate and provide traceability between PMR, IBR, IMP, IMS, and design review processes in support of project deliverables
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) AND 12 -15 years of prior relevant experience OR a Masters Degree with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 5 or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment including strategy and plan development, risk analysis, status reporting, and execution matrices
- Proven experience with one or more of the following procedural disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Systems Engineering and Integration
- Project Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and MS Project software suites
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) using the NSIS process framework
- ITIL Framework driven mission operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company's 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.