RN Staff - Emergency Department *.6 FTE, Night, Up to $15,000 hiring bonus* - #603876
Pacific Medical Centers
Date: 11/25/2021 19:30 PM
City: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Emergency Department, Night Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are offering RNs up to $15,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system!
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications in this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active state RN license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from any authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from any authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) within 90 days from hire
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)must be from Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) within 6 months from hire
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) must be from Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) within 6 months from hire
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications in this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!