Medical Coding Associate - Brewster Village - #603882
Date: 11/25/2021 19:30 PM
City: Appleton, Wisconsin
Salary: $1,977 - $2,150 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join the Premier Senior Living Community in the Fox Valley!
Brewster Village is looking for dedicated and compassionate caregivers who want to work in a team-based environment, where Person Directed Living is our top priority.
Under general supervision of the Health Information Coordinator, the Medical Coding Associate determines and assigns the proper codes to medical diagnoses, treatments, and procedures.
This position will begin on 1/4/2022.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Reviews, analyzes, and codes diagnostic and procedural information to determine Medicare insurance payments
- Solicits clarification from providers when necessary, or when conflicting documentation in the medical record is identified
- Performs coding audits to ensure accurate submittals
- Provides guidance and assistance to Account (billing) Associates and others as necessary
- Maintains accurate, complete and orderly resident health records through prompt and accurate filing of chart documents; performs chart and overflow thinning as scheduled
- Assembles closed out resident records, monitors and resolves deficiencies.
- Creates complete and high quality optical images of resident health records and related documents.
- Maintains and monitors accurate and orderly system for tracking diagnostic tests, examinations, consultations, etc.
- Performs clerical duties such as directing visitors, answering telephones and relaying messages, distributing neighborhood and resident mail, ordering clerical supplies, photocopying and faxing.
- Assists with and participates in social activities of resident's choice which provide meaningful ways to spend time such as recreation, exercise, relationship building and fun.
- Supports maintaining a clean safe household environment.
- Respects the resident's room as home.
- Participates in team decisions and completes tasks as a team.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance, works overtime/extra hours as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or G.E.D., current relevant certification in medical coding. 3-5 years experience in medical coding role in a long-term care setting preferred
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required or Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use established practices and medical office tools and equipment including fax machines, copiers, telephones and administrative manuals.
- Knowledge of computers and printers including software used by the department.
Ability to write legibly using appropriate grammar and spelling.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to conform to goals, policies and procedures of the Department, Brewster Village as well as the Outagamie County Work Rules and Terms of Employment.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with appropriate safety regulations.
- Ability to work semi-independently making sound decisions using good judgment.
- Ability to budget time and schedule work to efficiently complete tasks.
Ability to effectively use tact and diplomacy with residents, co-workers, the general public, etc.
- Demonstrated reliability in attendance and flexibility to work hours.
- Ability to organize and schedule work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers.
- Demonstrated proficiency at typing and other general clerical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use and interpret medical terminology.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 15 pounds, understanding and utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Demonstrated willingness to work out any conflicts with others.
- Ability to communicate with residents clearly and respectfully, without patronizing or manipulating.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the particular challenges residents face in terms of communicating their needs and preferences.
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE COUNTY WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND ENCOURAGES BOTH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND INCUMBENTS TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL ACCOMMODATIONS WITH THE EMPLOYER.