Resource Sharing Associate - #603927
Stony Brook University
Date: 11/25/2021 20:00 PM
City: Old Greenwich, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher) and two (2) years of customer service or library experience. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, six (6) years of customer service or library experience or a combination of education and experience totalling six (6) years may be considered
Experience working in a library (academic or public). Experience with integrated library system or library services platform (Sierra, Alma, etc.) Experience with interlibrary loan (academic or public).
The Resource Sharing Associate provides support in the Access & User Services department. This includes providing customer service at the desk such as responding to directional and basic reference questions, as well as supporting interlibrary loan, resource sharing, and course reserves processing, including retrieving and scanning requested material. The position will also manage mail deliveries for the interlibrary loan and resource sharing services, sorting items, coordinating with partner libraries, and ensuring incoming/outgoing mail is processed correctly. This support is crucial in providing front-line and time-sensitive customer-oriented service and facilitating access to library resources for research and learning.
- Provide support for resource sharing, which includes interlibrary loan, document delivery, and reserves. Coordinate and collaborate with personnel in Access Services and in the University Libraries to provide unified and streamlined services to patrons. Assist in accurately coding requests for processing, retrieving and scanning items for delivery, and receiving items from other lending institutions. Communicate with offsite library storage facility in support of resource sharing requests. Will be required to learn library services platform Alma, interlibrary loan delivery system ILLiad, online catalog Primo, Blackboard, and DocLine. Assist in training and assigning work to student employees. Prepare reserve items for the shelves.
- Assist with receiving and shipping interlibrary loan/resource sharing material. Includes checking in, packaging, tracking shipments, communicating with partner libraries and shippers. Maintain adequate supply of packaging materials.
- Assist at service points and respond to patron inquiries via email, face-to-face, phone, and online chat. Using library resources and knowledge of library policies and procedures, answer questions or direct patrons to appropriate library staff for support. Interact with other institutions to resolve resource sharing issues. Communicate with faculty regarding course reserves.
- Assist with stack maintenance: preparing carts for shelving, and completing stack maintenance tasks as needed to include books and journals. Participate in stacks maintenance projects, including microfilm management.
- Maintain technical competency and skills through professional development opportunities. Participate in department and University-wide committees, events and professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned as appropriate based on rank and departmental mission.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Evening and weekend work may be required at times.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such may be required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2104703
Official Job Title: Instructional Support Associate
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Stony Brook University Libraries
Schedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30am-5pm or 9:30am-6pm
Posting Start Date: Nov 24, 2021
Posting End Date: Dec 24, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Appointment Type: Term