Back-End Engineer [Remote] - #603932
Date: 11/25/2021 20:00 PM
City: Cody, Wyoming
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a key challenge — it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly, they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about using our skills to do good. From data science, to design, engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and beyond — we believe in people who believe they can make the world even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is HiRoad.
We're seeking someone to build and enhance the critical backend services that power our business. You'll be developing systems that dynamically provide rewards to safe drivers, coordinating cutting-edge models to increase the intelligence of our industry-leading policy management solution, and optimizing our application's architecture and observability to meet the performance demands of a rapidly growing user base.
Your work will include designing APIs, orchestrating data flows, creating/managing databases, and building automated test suites. You should be a strong communicator, an effective collaborator, and have a bias towards action.
- Professional experience with Go
- Experience building high performance client/server systems.
- Have a good grasp of service-oriented architecture patterns.
- Prior experience designing and using relational databases.
- Experience in a financial sector such as insurance, banking, or investing.
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 3:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.