Tool Maker-Journeyman - #603941
Magna International Inc.
Date: 11/25/2021 20:00 PM
City: Union City, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Number: 19481
Group: Cosma International
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: Battle Creek
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
To provide support for manufacturing operations by maintaining and repairing all tooling and related machinery in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by the Tool Room Manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attain safety, quality and productivity goals
- Repair and maintain production tools and dies
- Verify conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments
- Troubleshoot problems during production
- Modify dies to conform to engineering changes; conduct tryouts of new dies
- Work to blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions
- Maintain and update equipment records, schematics, blueprints and files in orderly fashion
- Operate lift truck, overhead crane, floor scrubber and equipment to wash dies
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports using personal computer and required software
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Attend training as required
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communication and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive employee relations
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers and customers
- Able to operate machine tools such as TIG/MIG/ARC welders, lathes, milling machines
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime to be available to three (3) shifts
- Able to use computer and software as required
- Able to work to blueprints and sketches
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Able to use standard hand and measuring tools
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Further training will be required on all job responsibilities not otherwise satisfied
- Forklift/crane training and experience
- Journeyman status in Tool and Die or equivalent knowledge and 6 years of experience
The work environment is primarily manufacturing plant and is characterized by temperature extremes, loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic. The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with Team Members, management, customers and suppliers.
Job responsibilities include heavy lifting (75 pounds) and working in confined spaces
Personal precision and hand tools required
Able to work flexible hours and overtime
Cosma Castings is a high pressure aluminum die cast facility. Experience in die casting is preferred, but not required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.