Human Resources Assistant - #603967
Date: 11/25/2021 20:00 PM
City: Seminole, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Human Resources Assistant performs varied and moderately complex clerical functions and related general office duties that require independent judgment in the use of work methods and procedures in the areas of human resources and payroll administration. They will provide support in the areas of employee benefits and services, employee relations, compliance, safety and health, wage and salary administration, performance management, and employment which includes recruiting, selection, and orientation.
- Review and process human resources and payroll documents. Verify that required forms are accurate and complete for processing.
- Maintain personnel and medical files in compliance with policy and procedures
- Process personnel and payroll documents through regular use of software applications, including but not limited to, promotions, demotions, transfers, and salary changes.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs. Respond to staff inquiries or requests regarding HR programs or refers to appropriate staff member or Facility Support Center for further assistance as needed.
- Assist with the implementation, and maintenance of an on-going recruiting program for staffing needs.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in full-time clerical or administrative office work is required, preferably in human resources administration. Additional qualifying education at an accredited college, business school or technical institute in office administration or a related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to one year.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications or other similar software applications is required.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Kronos is strongly preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.