RN II - Endoscopy Center - #603985
Date: 11/25/2021 20:01 PM
City: Fullerton, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Emergency Room Department at St. Jude Medical Center
Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships with patient/family and the health care team.
- Delegates care appropriately.
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative Leadership.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related to staffing and scheduling.
- Endoscopy Center, 776100-F01:
- Responsible for the care of patients undergoing endoscopic procedures in the hospital or at the outpatient endoscopy center.
- Provides moderate sedation for patients undergoing procedures.
- Ability to correctly and safely use diagnostic and therapeutic equipment while circulating or assisting with procedures.
- Certified by St. Jude Medical Center in Moderate Sedation/Discharge by Criteria.
Minimum Position Requeirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing, graduate from nursing school (Hired on/after 1/1/11), or
- Hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired after 1/1/11): Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; or
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage: Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; or
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
Experience: 1 year acute care experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership.
- SGNA membership.
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services and programs.
St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Jude Medical Center
Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: R348105