Parking Enforcement Officer - #604005
City of St. Petersburg
Date: 11/25/2021 20:30 PM
City: St. Petersburg, Florida
Salary: $1,500 - $2,250 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Salary: $15.00 - $22.50 Hourly
Close Date: 12-08-2021 (11:59 PM EST)
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Possess a valid high school diploma or GED equivalency
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License.
- Possess and maintain a valid Motorcycle Endorsement - or - must obtain and continue to maintain the Motorcycle Endorsement within five and one-half (5-1/2) months of appointment to the position.
- Be skilled in providing excellent customer service and employing excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Be familiar with street names and locations within downtown St. Petersburg.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including working evenings and weekends.
- Have previous experience working with the public.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Have some understanding of computer technology.
- Have previous experience in parking enforcement or a related field.
The successful candidate must be either a resident of the City of St. Petersburg as of his or her date of employment or establish primary residency within the city limits of St. Petersburg within six months of completing the probationary period. Furthermore, as long as the successful candidate is employed in this classification, he or she must reside within the city limits of St.Petersburg. This requirement is not applicable to current City employees who were hired before October 20, 1997.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify a selected applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams
How To Apply
Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobs - Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.