Account Manager - #604015
Magna International Inc.
Date: 11/25/2021 20:30 PM
City: Novi, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
Conducts regular contact and communication with purchasing and other key program personnel relative to relationship development and closure of commercial issues. Consults with the application team in the identification and closure of commercial issues with the objective of increasing market share, optimizing profitability, and maintaining the positive perception of Magna Seating (MS) as a world-class supplier. Generally, completes the following duties and responsibilities under the guidance and direction of senior sales personnel.
- Generally assigned to programs that are less complex in nature, i.e. carry-over programs or programs involving existing technologies.
- Promotes MS to the customer. Aligns customer communications with MS policies, philosophy, structure, capabilities, business plans, and strategy. Works to ensure customers view MS as innovative, proactive, and capable.
- Provides input in the development of objectives and strategies and carries out assignments to achieve the goals of the Application Team, General Manager, and Director of Sales.
- Considers customer direction; market demand; competitor direction; MS’ competitive position (i.e. capabilities, price, quality, penetration, market perception); and corporate and group strategy while engaging the customer in the resolution of issues and/or the exploration of new opportunities.
- Stays abreast of potential new business opportunities. Remains knowledgeable of customer’s business strategy, participates in the assessment of validity and relevance of opportunities, and appropriately communicates information and opportunities within MS.
- Helps define and communicate customer requirements to the application teams. Attends Product Development and other program team meetings to provide commercial goals and provide input into the resolution of commercial issues.
- Responds to commercial information requests from Engineering. Attends production runs with manufacturing representatives, as required. Responds to tooling questions (generally non-technical) such as timing and cost. Processes quotes and follows up on deliveries, as required.
- Completes tasks and resolves issues to ensure compliance to program objectives and commercial targets.
- Assures timely and accurate documentation of sales and marketing deliverables as established, per the product delivery process. Ensures timely flow of business documents between the customer and MS. Ensures documentation of key positions and agreements. Ensures documented agreements meet finance guidelines and requirements.
- Assists in the development and leads negotiation of program pricing and responds to internal, corporate, and customer pricing requests. Generally, under the guidance and parameters set by senior sales personnel and application team management: reviews and submits quotes and other commercially-related correspondence to the customer, provides target pricing, responds to quotation feedback. Drives closure on commercial issues.
- Assists, as required, in resolving quality and production issues and commercial aspects of engineering change issues as they relate to the Customer.
- Tracks “loss monies” and open cost issues and develops and implements closure strategy to resolve timely.
- Consults with application team and matrix support organization regarding cost reduction proposals. Provides input concerning priority, likelihood of customer acceptance, and applicability to program business strategy. Coordinates submission of proposals and responds to customer inquiries.
- Develops customer presentations.
- Ensure employees work in the manner consistent with the organizations established objectives and targets utilizing protective equipment, devices, measures, and procedures as promulgated by state and federal regulations. Establish clear goals for workplace health and safety. Complete safety talks, safety meetings, and required training occur, as defined.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree (or bachelor’s equivalency) in Business Administration, Engineering or related field, or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
Three (3) years experience in automotive sales, program management, or engineering management preferred.
Knowledge of customer, product, and supply base.
Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and presentations.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications.
Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, travel required.
02-Business Development, Sales, Marketing F-Permanent/Regular