WATER and SEWER FACILITY MAINTENANCE WORKER - #604101
City of Fayetteville, AR
Date: 11/25/2021 21:00 PM
City: Elkins, Arkansas
Salary: $37,107 - $55,432 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$17.84 $20.52 $21.49 $26.65
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Operate forklift both in-house and in yard, loading and unloading trucks.
- Maintain and inventory construction materials and supplies.
- Maintain and repair hand tools, power tools, power saws, minor equipment and other City equipment not maintained by the Fleet Division.
- Perform inspection, preventive maintenance and repair of hand tools, power tools, power saws, minor equipment and other City equipment not maintained by the Fleet Division.
- Keep records of time and parts used in repairs. Complete work orders and technical notes of repairs needed and performed on Water & Sewer management software.
- Perform delivery and pickup of parts, supplies, fuel and equipment.
- Receive and sort incoming freight by checking the freight bill against purchase order and verifying the condition of items.
- Design and build a wide variety of unique objects using various materials (metal, wood, plastic) as requested by supervisory personnel.
- Safely operate a variety of power tools, welding machine, cutting torch, hand tools and heavy equipment.
- Maintain warehouse and yard area in orderly and safe condition.
- Perform minor building maintenance and repair.
- Take Water or Sewer Call Duty as assigned.
- Assist in supervising Work Release persons.
- Purchase items as approved, using purchasing card or purchase orders.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Secondary Job Duties
- Perform grounds maintenance as needed including mowing.
- May be temporarily assigned to a field crew.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and three years of related experience. Equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License with tanker endorsement within six months of employment.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and operation of a repair shop engaged in repair of gasoline and diesel powered equipment. Knowledge of automotive, small engine and trailer maintenance and repair. Must be able to effectively operate standard mechanic repair equipment and diagnostic tools.
- Must have general knowledge of safety equipment and practices used in the operation of a vehicle/equipment maintenance facility. This includes hazards and safety precautions of heavy-duty maintenance and repair work, availability and proper use of safety equipment and supplies.
- Must obtain a Class 3 Arkansas Water Distribution License within two years of employment and preferably possess a Class 1 Arkansas Wastewater License within two years of employment.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer, utilizing word processing and spreadsheet applications and have the ability to learn Hansen inventory tracking software and other related software programs.
- Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Ability and knowledge to operate hand tools, power tools, forklift and other equipment.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to understand basic accounting principles and methods as they relate to inventory.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear for safety reasons or to operate specific equipment. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration.