Coiled Tubing Manager - LRS North SLope - #604133
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Consolidated Company Overview
ASRC Energy Services, LLC (AES) is part of the Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC) family of companies. ASRC is a private, for-profit corporation that is owned by and represents the business interests of its approximately 13,000 Iñupiaq shareholders. As the largest Alaskan-owned company employing over 12,000 people worldwide, ASRC and its subsidiaries are poised for the next era of growth with continued dedication to provide maximum benefit to our shareholders.
We're proud to be named the Best Company to Work for in Alaska by MSN Money, 24/7 Wall St. and Zippia for 2019 and the recipient of the prestigious ConocoPhillips 2019 and 2020 Supplier Recognition Award for Focus on Execution. Employing over 2,000 employees across our subsidiaries, AES is an service provider of choice in the energy industry. Our exceptional service quality and safety record sets us apart from our competitors. Our business purpose is to find solutions for a sustainable future, and we accomplish that by living our "ASPIRE" values, which stand for:
- Absolute Integrity: We do the right thing because it's the right thing to do
- Safety: Safety is our foundation – we bring it everywhere we go
- People First: We take care of our people, and our people will take care of the business
- Iñupiat Heritage: We believe in "one crew, one journey" and honor the values of our founders as we develop the future
- Resilient Family: We encourage the right balance, and cultivate strong relationships with our clients and colleagues
- Exceptional Service Quality: We deliver excellence by focusing on client needs and continuously improving our performance
Why You Should Work For Us
Our employees are our most important resource, so we seek collaboration across the organization, and value everyone's contribution. Our employees are part of the solution for a sustainable future for the benefit of our shareholders, employees, families, and our communities. Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a company like ours, and be a significant part of our business purpose? If so, keep reading.
Start your career with AES, and ASPIRE with us.
The Coiled Tubing North Slope Manager will oversee and support the operation of coiled tubing equipment and routine maintenance of equipment. They will also be responsible for the safe operation of units and support equipment, including rigging up, rigging down, and movement of equipment from location to location and all operational aspects associated with pumping and operating CT unit. The CT NS Manager reports directly to the LRS President for all daily functions.
- Ensures that the correct People, Equipment and materials arrive on time on location, and are rigged up, tested and ready to perform the job.
- Ensures pre-job meetings are held with personnel, Client and third-party personnel
- Executes successful jobs as per the design provided and approved by the Client.
- Recognizes risks associated with the operation, and reduces these risks to as low as reasonably possible. Identifies any potential unplanned changes to the job program at the well site, and initiates the district's Management of Change procedure(s).
- Ensures that all employees and contractors at the work site are in compliance with safety standards and other, relevant standards.
- Ensures that all personnel assigned are competent to drive and/or operate their assigned equipment.
- Is accountable for the service delivery process to the client
- Completes all the required pre and post job paper work and job tickets on time and without errors as per company policies.
- Operates and maintains the assigned equipment standalone while learning to operate and maintain additional equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on well site equipment.
- Ensures units are in safe, clean and proper working condition for the next service job.
- Maintains technical knowledge in design and evaluation working closely with the mentor
- Interfaces with the Client on location and promotes company image
- Helps the location in training of less experienced employees
- Ensure quality service delivery to meet customer needs including service that is on time, safe, efficient, properly priced and ensures the initiation and completion of work-tickets.
- Communicate additional growth opportunities and customer request that are outside local ability to facilitate to Area Director for review.
- Establish and maintain effective and quality working relationships and communications with inside and outside contacts.
- Provide logistics, personnel and maintenance needs to fully utilize all revenue generating equipment.
- Optimize staffing levels for current business needs while keeping labor cost at the required % of revenue while maximizing equipment utilization.
- Responsible for ongoing selecting, hiring, motivating, coaching, training, paying employees using all applicable policies and procedures. When necessary, disciplines and terminates poor performing employees.
- Drive safety culture through ensuring compliance with the safety management system including safety meetings, training, incident reporting, work-plan/JSA, RCA participation, SAFE system action item completion and all other pertinent policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of communication and administration related to employment of location staff.
- Manage effective dispatch of equipment and people.
- Allocate equipment and other assets efficiently for maximum utilization. Regularly evaluate all equipment and recommending disposition to management related to underutilization or replacement.
- Manage equipment repair and maintenance within prescribed % of revenue. Ensure all equipment is maintained according to policy and documented properly with all required permits.
- Ensure all assets are accounted for and parts inventory is adequate and within prescribed tolerance.
- Ensure the facility is maintained according to policy including facility repairs, yard upkeep, shop cleanliness, permits, vendor payments, supplies and security.
- Full enforcement related to all company policies, procedures, directives and training.
- Provides information and reports as required by LRS management.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Comply and participate with all LRS and Customer safety protocols and programs.
- Could be required to work "on call" (i.e. not on a set schedule- varying start/finish times)
- Safely drive in arctic and inclement weather conditions.
- Working knowledge and ability to use computers and radios as required for reports and communication.
- Full understanding of all applicable safety, health and environmental policies including:
- Alaska Safety Handbook
- Redbook Waste Management
- LRSI SOP's
- LRSI Safety Policy and Procedures Document
- LRSI HSE Policy
LRSI EMS Plan.
- Other duties will be assigned to this position as needs require.
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR MANAGERS OF MANAGERS
ASRC's Core competencies include Problem Solving, Drive for Results, and Customer Focus. In addition to our core competency model, our framework includes competencies specific to the various levels of positions within our company. For more information on our core competencies please contact the HR Department and reference the ASRC Leadership Framework.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for Results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Timely Decision Making
Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions; broadly shares both responsibility and accountability; tends to trust people to perform; lets direct reports and others finish their own work.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience working in the oil and gas well testing field.
- A minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory or managerial position required.
- Must have working knowledge of company and government rules and regulations related to the coiled tubing or related industries.
- Ability to analyze and assess financial reports required.
- Interpersonal and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver's license required.
- North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) safety training certification required.
- An Associate or Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
- Completion of Leadership or Specialized Management Training is preferred.
If you are a Shareholder looking for exciting training opportunities within AES Click here to Apply and Search for a Nutaaq position!
ASRC Energy Services, LLC (AES) is proud to offer a competitive benefits package aligned with our core ASPIRE values. Our benefits are designed to attract and retain the best talent. Our total rewards program supports the health and well-being of employees and their families.
What We Offer:
We offer comprehensive medical plans through Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan (FEHB).
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (DCFSA)
- We offer two comprehensive dental plans
- We offer two quality vision plans through VSP
- 401K plan up to 4% match with immediate vesting
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- All employees and their household have access to our EAP program
Additional Supplemental Insurance:
- Universal Life Insurance
- Short – and Long – Term disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Pet Insurance
- Legal services
- Identity Theft Protection
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance through AFLAC
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Development opportunities through our ASPIRE Academy
To learn more about our full suite of benefits visit our benefits page
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
A pre-hire post offer Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) will be conducted to determine an employee's ability to safely perform to the job standard. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MOBILITY: Must be able to access all areas of the job site
- HEARING: Must be able to hear audible safety alarms
- VISUAL ACUITY: Must be adequate to perform above listed essential duties in a safe manner and take hand signals from ground man or flagman.
- RANGE OF MOTION: An objective range of motion measurement will be conducted and recorded during the pre-hire/post offer FCE.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note to all current employees:
It is recommended that all current employees inform their managers when they apply for new positions as leadership will be notified of current employees applying for posted positions.
A candidate must be able to meet the following non-exclusive requirements:
- Meet the AES Driving Records and Motor Vehicle Use Policy.
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test which may include both UA and hair testing.
- Meet the physical requirements of this position including working in a remote location under arctic conditions.
- Required to take and pass a Fit-For-Duty Exam
- Required to complete and successfully pass a background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an access badge for the work location.
The availability of this position is contingent upon the Company's continued operational needs once training is completed.
If you need any assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact AES Human Resources at: 907-334-1688.