Night Shift Equipment Operator - Rosenberg, TX - #604137
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Rosenberg, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job ID: 342940
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Operates plant machinery as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Observe dryer operation and performs adjustments to maintain set parameters
- Fill material bins as needed to meet daily production schedules
- Receive bulk truckloads of aggregates from outside carriers
- Operate a front end loader to fill bulk material silos
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Startup machinery for daily production
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned areas
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent, or one to and six months of related experience in trades specific to job requirements, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Demonstrated ability to operate a front-end loader
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as needed
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.