Senior Corporate Counsel-Ingram Industries - #604146
Ingram Marine Group
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Nashville, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Senior Corporate Counsel
Ingram Industries is hiring! We are looking for experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to provide support to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel in directing legal affairs for the company and its affiliates. This role will supervise outside counsel relationships; assure the company's compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; partner with various internal departments and profit centers; serve as a primary legal resource on a wide range of legal issues; and provide back-up support for Nashville Soccer Club legal functions.
What you will be doing:
- Providing legal counsel to support the strategic and tactical objectives of the company and business units, while balancing the need for practical legal/business solutions with legal restrictions and risks
- Reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial transactions and agreements, that will include mergers and acquisitions transactions, real estate transactions, financing transactions, human resources matters, and employee benefits matters. Duties also include review of, and advice with respect to, Nashville Soccer Holdings (and related entities) documents and matters
- Assisting with the company's legal defense by interpreting, preparing, and reviewing legal documents and providing legal counsel to various business units
- Providing strategic legal counsel and advice on a broad range of topics in a timely, thorough and effective manner
- Creating associations of trust and respect and working closely with all levels of employees and positions (internally and externally) to anticipate, identify and manage liability areas, legal exposure, and risks
- Assisting in determining the cost/benefit of providing legal services in-house vs. use of outside law firms and managing outside legal firm relationships, legal fees, and expenses
- Conducting legal research in all requested areas
- Basing decision-making processes on ethics and integrity consistent with company culture
- Staying updated on new developments in laws, rules, regulations, and best practices
- Performing other related duties as assigned or requested
What we're looking for:
- A JD degree from an accredited law school and admittance with a license to practice law as a member of the bar of the State of Tennessee (or eligibility for same)
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant inside or outside counsel experience, including broad knowledge and experience with contracts and commercial transactions
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions preferred but not required
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Advanced technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with case management and legal research technology.
- Occasional business travel may be required, but we are able to offer flexibility through a hybrid in-office and work-from-home schedule