Auxiliary Services Coordinator - #604165
University Systems of Georgia
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Sylvester, Georgia
Salary: $35,000 - $44,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to, medical and major medical insurance, group life insurance, participation in the Georgia Teachers' Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of employment.
Our West Campus is located at 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA 31707. Our East Campus is located at 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705. The Human Resources office for both campuses is located on the West Campus in Building K, Suite 111.
The major purpose of this position is to perform specialized duties related to the university's auxiliary services functions to include parking services. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of all these functions and the complexity of abiding by strict deadlines.
Job Update 11-24-21
- Serve as program administrator for LPR parking system.
- Coordinate and oversee parking attendant officers to ensure proper parking rules, processes and procedures are being followed.
- Coordinates daily operations of parking services; to include, all faculty, staff and student parking issues.
- Manage and handle all aspects of parking services auditing process.
- Manage and handle the parking citation appeals process.
- Process parking financials from LPR to Banner.
- Setup parking processes and materials for special events on campus.
- Manage and handle reserved parking for faculty/staff.
- Responsible for notification of faculty, staff and student citations within LPR system.
- Liaison with LPR client, AIMS, to ensure an effective business relationship is maintained.
- Liaison with ASU Police Department to ensure an effective business relationship is maintained.
- Liaison with Faculties Management to ensure an effective business relationship is maintained.
- Liaison with general public as it relates to parking procedures for events on campus.
- Maintains parking supply inventory.
- Assist with daily operations of meal plans and card services.
- Assist with processing all aspects of meal plans related to students, faculty and staff from explaining the types of meal plans to ensuring selection, charging and activation are completed.
- Works with Blackboard personnel to authorize activation/deactivation of meal plans.
- Assist with upload process of all board plans and dining dollar plans into Blackboard each semester.
- Assist with mela plan setup in Blackboard each semester, i.e., current meal plans offered, activation and deactivation dates.
- Assist with entering and updating meal plan data into StarRez; including meal plan setup, pricing setup, charge groups and items, terms and term sessions, meal plan prorate tool, charging students, generating reports, emailing students and any other processes available within and external to StarRez to assist with the efficiency of the meal plan office.
- Assist with the Housing Portal setup and maintenance relative to meal plans including updating information and generating reports relative to meal plans; residential, commuter, faculty and staff.
- Assist with the StarRez configuration, setup and maintenance relative to meal plans.
- Assist with troubleshooting student RAM ID issues, as it relates to meal plan and dining dollar access.
- Maintains detailed, related files and records relative to meal plan use, assessed/pro-rated charges and any relative correspondence.
- Conducts meal plan presentations at New Student Orientations to explain the types of meal plans offered, cost, how they function, etc.
- Works with Bursar's/Financial Aid offices to verify that student accounts are paid in full or that sufficient financial aid is available to cover the total fee balance thus allowing meal plan activation to take place.
- Assists with issues relative to meal plan activation/deactivation with the general manager of the dining hall.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth by the institution on who must have a meal plan and from which meal plans they may choose, i.e., residence halls with apartments may be allowed a different meal plan than those without apartments.
- Assist with developing marketing materials relative to meal plans to include contracts, flyers and forms using appropriate software programs.
- Assist in ensuring meal plan operations function smoothly and under the departments policies and procedures.
- Performs all of the same duties as the Auxiliary Services Coordinator/Meal Plans.
- Abides by strict deadlines to ensure proper completion of projects/assignments.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technology issues related to department operations.
- Understands and follows guidelines set forth by FERPA as it relates to discussing student information relative to any function while enrolled as a student at ASU, most particularly as it relates to meal plan operation.
- Attend trainings/conferences as needed.
- Cross trains on use of campus scheduling software, 25Live and acts as back-up for the Campus Events Coordinator. Aids with a variety of special events held on the university campus.
- Performs additional duties/projects as assigned.
Associates degree minimum or a combination of college and working in a college/university environment for five (5) years.
- Three to five years of experience or service in an educational environment required.
- 1 year of experience with Microsoft Office products required.
- Knowledge and competency in skills developed in the field of work required of this position, I.e., software applications to include but not limited to StarRez, Banner, BossCars, 25Live or a similar scheduling program. Expected levels of knowledge, writing skills and communications skills acquired through courses taken at an associates degree level of education.
- 1 year of experience with accounting principles and processes.
- Technology experience required.
- 1 year of experience with accounting principles and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary range $35,000 to $44,000
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Board of Regents, University System of Georgia and University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- General knowledge of all units comprising auxiliary services on a university campus.
- Knowledge of educational environment.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs, including StarRez, BlackBoard systems, Banner, and related reporting processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include written and oral communication.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and resolve technology issues within the department.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the management of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work well under limited time constraints.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand the specialized needs of the University community.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty, staff, students, parents, clients and the general public.
- Ability to professionally deal with employees, students and outside public in order to serve the University effectively.
- Ability to make presentations before groups with ease.
- Must be able to interact with a culturally diverse student population and able to explain or resolve issues related to meal plan processes in a patient and customer friendly manner. Ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering, and reporting activities.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Office of Human Recourses at (229) 500-2026, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Albany State Univesrity Office of Human Resources at (229) 500-2026. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 229-500-3442.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
- Occasional night and/or weekend hours required; especially during peak periods each semester.
- This position will be housed one campus of ASU but must be able to work interchangeably on the other campus