Operations Manager - #604167
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Fairfield, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hogan Transportation is a 100-year-old full-service, multi-faceted transportation company operating throughout North America with a tradition of unparalleled, personalized service to clients, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology.
Daily dispatching, load planning and monitoring, route utilization to achieve high service levels. Main customer contact. Major focus on DOT and safety compliance, monitoring preventative maintenance, KPI reporting, and payroll confirmation. Driver coaching for retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, or equipment.
- Monitor personnel and driver utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Driver coaching in the areas of employee retention, customer satisfaction and service, safety awareness and worker' compensation management.
- Schedule or dispatch drivers to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using Qualcomm devices or telephones.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems, such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, or other hazards.
- Arrange for necessary repairs to restore service and schedules.
- Communicate to driver's, including but not limited to, load information, advances, maintenance coordination, performance counseling and safety procedures.
- Responsible for assigned fleet of tractors and drivers for on-time pick up and delivery performance, out of route miles, hours of service compliance, home time, special routing needs, and cost control.
- Insure that each driver has an adequate understanding of customer and company expectations.
- Daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers.
- Daily interactions with drivers, other operation staff and management via Qualcomm, telephone and in person.
- Ability to suggest and recommend disciplinary action, terminations, and hiring decisions.
- Oversee the monitoring of personnel and driver utilization to coordinate service and schedules while maintaining DOT compliance.
- Manage the scheduling and or dispatch of drivers to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using Omnitrac devices, telephone, or current communication devices, maintain a high level of service, track and trace.
- Oversee all communication within specifically assigned customer base. Build a rapport with the local customer contact through meetings, entertainment, and personal interactions.
- Monitor and ensure driver logs are completed and accurate.
- Oversee the scheduling of equipment maintenance.
- Maintain KPI's and present both internally to Hogan and externally to customer.
- Record and maintain files or records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, driver discipline, and other dispatch information.
- Ensure employee payroll is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Plan and execute backhaul plan according to account requirements.
- Ensure company policies are followed in regards to such things, but not limited to; fatigue policy, cell phone policy, accurate and timely reporting of accident and injuries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years in the transportation industry
- 5+ years developing talent in managers
- 5+ years managing to a P&L
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.