Nurse Educator - ICU/CCU - Full Time - Closes 12/8/2021 - #604169
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Chugiak, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under general supervision, manages the clinical staff education program at ANMC; develops and presents classroom training to improve staff effectiveness in health service delivery.
The following duties are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assesses training needs; designs, develops, implements, evaluates and revises clinical education programs; consults with staff to define needs and suggest solutions. Delivers training for clinical staff utilizing appropriate training methods, adult learning concepts and facilitation skills. Assures that training programs are results-oriented and return value to the organization. Reviews changes in clinical technology, procedures, program services and policy-mandated courses; develops revised training content to meet new objectives; updates training content and schedule. Researches, analyzes and evaluates new training materials. Develops, improves and updates course content and instructional methods. Prepares and coordinates the development of training programs and materials.
- Prepares, administers, and scores tests; maintains necessary records on students to support credentialing and accreditation. Maintains comprehensive database and related documentation for clinical staff attendance at mandated training programs. Researches files to obtain requested information, insert additional data, and check accuracy of documents. Counsels students and provides special help as needed. Participates in committee and program development work to assist in coordinating training methods and techniques.
- Compiles, analyzes, and updates statistical information, reports and budgets; tracks informational trends, and training costs. Participates in continuing education as necessary to meet changing program needs and to maintain necessary professional skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of training theories and methods to develop training programs.
- Knowledge of instructional program design, including the development of lesson plans.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and effective presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of professional protocols and practices in patient treatment, and the use of medical equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
- Skill in interpreting and analyzing patient care issues and regulations to develop training programs.
- Skill in planning, organizing, scheduling and conducting in-service training classes.
- Skill in organizing and maintain records and related training documentation.
- Skill in researching, analyzing and evaluating new training materials.
- Skill in evaluating healthcare issues, and making recommendations based on observations.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other ANMC employees.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
- Five (5) years of clinical care experience in area of specialty which demonstrates leadership skills and ability to work within a team environment, effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, data analysis and research interpretation skills, and computer/word processing skills.
MINIMUM CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATION
- Must be licensed as a RN by the State of Alaska and remain active with all annual licensing requirements.
- Current Basic Life Support card.
- Current ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, etc card as required for specific work area.
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 pounds.
- ANMC is not a latex free facility; an employee should expect to work in an environment where latex
- may be present.