Patient/Family Service Specialist - #604172
Children's Hospital Colorado
Date: 11/25/2021 21:30 PM
City: Cherry Hills Village, Colorado
Salary: $1,870 - $2,805 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why Work at Children's....
Here, it’s different. Come join us
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated four times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 12 specialty care centers, 400+ outreach clinics and 7,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
We need your expertise.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different. Do you have what it takes?
Department: HP Rehab Shared Program Svcs
Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: Monday - Friday
Hours can range from 7am to 7pm (8 hour days)
The Patient/Family Service Specialist provides administrative support and high-level customer service support to patients, families, internal team members, providers and referring practices. The Specialist provides admission, registration, scheduling (surgery and/or clinic), check in/check out and/or customer service support for providers, patients and families. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, collecting copays; performing basic telephone triage duties; copying, scanning and/or filing various documents; and supporting insurance management functions.
This position would help support coverage for check-in areas of all clinics at our Children's Colorado Health Pavilion site.
POPULATION SPECIFIC CARE
- No direct patient care.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Provides non-clinical support of the telephone screening/triage functions.
- Provides and obtains signatures for the appropriate treatment consents forms from patients/families.
- Provides patient support services which may include scheduling, registration, patient reception, patient check in/out and follow-up visit support.
- Supports health insurance management functions by collecting patient insurance information, documenting the patient’s method of payment and/or collecting copays and other payments. May also include supporting referrals and pre-authorizations and benefits/eligibility determinations.
- Obtains and documents patient demographic information.
- Receives inbound and/or places outbound patient calls in order to schedule appointments or surgeries, complete registration functions and to route calls as appropriate.
- Performs data entry functions, including entering patient demographic information and patient updates in a medical records system.
- Conducts patient and family rounding to ensure patient’s/family’s comfort level.
- Provides a high level of customer service support and assistance to patients, families, physicians and other internal/external customers.
- Supports patient safety by adhering to all infection control policies and safety guidelines.
- Utilizes and remains up-to-date with department office operations and established policies and procedures.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
Guidelines: Guidelines are generally numerous, well established, and directly applicable to the work assignment. Work assignment and desired results are explained by general oral or written instructions.
Complexity: Duties assigned are generally repetitive and restricted in scope but may be of substantial intricacy. Employee primarily applies standardized practices.
Decision Making: Decisions or recommendations on non-standardized situations are limited to relating organizational policies to specific cases. Brings non routine issues to supervisor. Problems that are not covered by guidelines or are without precedent are taken up with the supervisor.
Communications: Contacts with the public or employees where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, gathered, or presented and some degree of discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
Supervision Received: Under normal supervision, within a standardized work situation, the employee performs duties common to the line of work without close supervision or detailed instruction. Work product is subject to continual review.
- EDUCATION – High School Diploma or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE – One year of administrative and customer service experience in an office or clinical setting.
- EQUIVALENCY – A relevant associate or bachelor’s degree may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Depth Perception – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
- Audio Visual: Hearing: Good
- Motion: Bend : Up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Reach up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Carry up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Pull up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Push up to 1/3 of the time
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 lbs. or more, up to 1/3 of the time
- General Activity: Stand/Walk up to 4hrs a day
- Use of hands/feet: Precise Motion Function (or fine manipulation)
- Equipment: telephone, computers, fax machines, copiers, reading reports/graphs
- Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to cold/heat: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to infectious disease: Occasional
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with other effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
Annual Salary Range (Based on 40 hours worked per week): $38,895.41 to $58,343.11
Hourly Salary Range: $18.70 to $28.05
As a Children’s Hospital Colorado team member, you will receive a competitive pay and benefits package designed to take care of your needs that includes base pay, incentives, paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, company provided life and disability insurance, 403b employer match (retirement savings), and a robust wellness program.