Teller - #604194
Date: 11/25/2021 22:00 PM
City: Opelika, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As the front-line representative of Trustmark, this retail branch position provides outstanding customer service to our clients by processing transactions accurately and efficiently, and by resolving issues according to Trustmark's policies/procedures. The position will also promote Trustmark's products and services, while exercising good judgment and discretion in a professional manner.
- Accurately process routine transactions including but not limited to cashing checks, depositing money, credit card and ATM transactions, money orders, travelers' checks, official checks and loan payments.
- Continually safeguard the bank's assets and security of the working environment, securing large dollars and balancing the teller window daily. Work with a high degree of accuracy. Investigate and resolve all outages.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion while performing within the bank's guidelines, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Interact with customers and clients in a professional positive manner, building rapport, meeting customer needs, and ensuring quality customer service and outstanding customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Identify customer needs for bank products and services, matching products and services to those needs, and responding persuasively to customer questions and objections. Listen for referral opportunities and appropriately refer them to platform personnel or other lines of business. Provide banking solutions through superior sales and service. Consistently meet and exceed sales referral goals set by management.
- Contribute to meeting branch and company goals and objectives.
- Basic knowledge of math concepts and principles to solve problems
- Basic computer knowledge to enter, access, or retrieve data
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to work schedule that may include some holidays and Saturdays
- Provides outstanding customer service and information that meets the customer's needs, follows quality standards and meets company guidelines
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Displays selling skills and understands customer needs and wants
- Ability to navigate through basic computer systems (Windows environment, email, etc.)
- Ability to handle some daily lifting of boxed or bagged coins required (weight may vary)
- Ability to stand as needed
- Complete and successfully pass required skills test
- High School diploma required; some college preferred
Must have one of the following:
- Twelve (12) months face to face customer service experience and Six (6) months cash balancing responsibilities
- College degree completed or currently being pursued and enrolled.