US Benefit Programs Analyst - #604211
Magna International Inc.
Date: 11/25/2021 22:00 PM
City: Fruitport, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Benefits Analyst will act as a subject matter expert by consulting and advising Magna Groups and Divisions on any questions and issues related to Magna’s US Benefits programs. This position will be responsible for supporting the US benefits programs to enhance and optimize program performance and sustainability. If you’re looking for a challenging and face paced work environment, the ability to participate in and support global projects and work with colleagues from all over the world, consider this opportunity.
Benefits Program Administration
- Responsible for the overall administration, execution and monitoring of Magna’s US Benefit programs (Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability).
- Support of the daily operations of the US Benefits plans, with respect to contractual and administrative aspects including short and long-term disability management.
- Provide coaching and guidance to Magna’s Groups and Divisions on all benefit related inquiries
- Lead investigations to resolve complex issues (e.g., disability cases, health cost analysis, specialty Rx, claim denials, etc.)
- Support the review and amendment of all policies and benefit plan booklets for US benefits, communicate with legal as required and directed.
- Regularly reviews and updates benefits documentation to ensure information is clear, concise and up to date
- Partner with Magna US divisions to administer COBRA, HIPAA, FSA and other ancillary benefit administration.
- Support the annual Benefits Open Enrolment process
- Partner with Magna HRIS to complete the annual ACA compliance reporting & filing
- Continually monitors the US environment to proactively identify trends that could impact Magna’s benefit management strategies.
- Support ongoing learning by developing training and education materials and facilitating benefits training sessions and fairs.
- Support program set up for new divisions, M&As and divestitures
- Identify opportunities and recommend enhancements to ensure Magna’s US benefits program is innovative, competitive and contributes to ensuring plan sustainability.
- Assist with union negotiation projects, as required.
- Participate in and support Total Reward projects as required.
- Provides analysis, cost projections and recommendations to support the development of benefit plan management strategies and products.
- Perform financial analysis including developing pricing and employee contribution strategies, modelling plan design alternatives, cost savings and funding strategies.
- In conjunction with HRIS, assist in preparation and participation in various benefit related data audits. Lead Magna US divisions with dependent eligibility and other audits as requested.
- University/College degree in Business or equivalent.
- Completion of post graduate studies in Human Resources or Compensation would be an asset.
- Professional certification in Employee Benefits or Human Resources Management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of previous benefits and/or human resources experience with a strong focus on benefits program administration
- Experience working in global organizations and/or automotive/industrial manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge with advanced skill in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with a strong focus on customer service
- Team player with the ability to maintain organization and multi-task amongst competing deadlines
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality required
- Strong analytical skills and adept at analyzing data and formatting reports
- Able to handle/maintain confidential information
- Detailed and deadline oriented
- Normal office position duties, with frequent use of computer
- Flexibility for travel, when necessary
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime as required