Control Desk Coordinator, SCU/PACU, Full time - #604212
Mercy Hospital in Iowa City
Date: 11/25/2021 22:00 PM
City: Iowa City, Iowa
Salary: $3,362 - $5,172 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Salary Range: $33.62-51.72
Starting salary is determined based upon factors that may include: years of relevant experience, education, applicable certifications/licensure, and internal equity.
Basic Job Function and Responsibilities
Provides functional direction to members of the perioperative team to achieve optimal patient outcomes while optimizing available resources including surgical case management and perioperative patient care coordination. Promotes the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization.
Job Duties/Performance Expectations
- Adheres to professional and legal standards of nursing practice.
- Operationally and fiscally coordinates the specialty department.
- Acts as a clinical resource for personnel using current literature and guidelines, organizational policies and procedures, and regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assists personnel in the evaluation of current practice through quality and performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the team and stakeholders.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within the department.
- Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning patient care.
- Collects and analyzes data that applies to perioperative services to facilitate collaboration and negotiation with stakeholders.
- Participates in interviews for personnel selection.
- Assists in evaluating personnel performance.
- Serves as a role model for professional behavior.
- Verifies that the appropriate personnel, equipment, and supplies are available.
- Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to the team.
- Pursues professional growth and participates in a professional organization.
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
- Provides input into financial management activities including operational and capital budgetary decisions and participates in the implementation of specific cost control strategies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience - Required
- Equivalent training and experience - Required
- Experience as a Registered Nurse in a specialty setting, minimum 2 years - Required
- Sound background in nursing principles and procedures - Required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with people and demonstrated expertise in education and leadership - Required
Certification(s), Licensure(s) & Registration(s)
- Must possess current RN licensure in the State of Iowa or compact state - Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for OR, Endoscopy, Surgical Care Unit, within 6 months of hire - Required
- Advanced Critical Life Support (ACLS) for Endoscopy, Surgical Care Unit, within 6 months of hire - Required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required for Surgical Care Unit only - Required
Mercy Iowa City, an affiliate of MercyOne, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, associational preference, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact Mercy Iowa City Human Resources, (319) 339-3567 or firstname.lastname@example.org