Medical Laboratory Scientist I - #604231
Date: 11/25/2021 22:00 PM
City: Blanchard, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Medical Laboratory Scientist I
Kootenai Health's laboratory & pathology department provides a full range of diagnostic laboratory services that support acute, emergency, and routine out-patient testing. In this role, you will work with some of the best pathologists, laboratory scientists, and other specialists in laboratory medicine. The laboratory at Kootenai Health provides testing and full support of most specialties including chemistry, hematology, microbiology, transfusion medicine, pathology, immunology, endocrinology and toxicology. Performs diagnostic testing following standardized procedures on patient samples which aids physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in an area that includes an abundance of outdoor and cultural activities, then this may be the job for you. Kootenai Health is located in north Idaho in the town of Coeur d'Alene. For those who have not visited, Coeur d'Alene is home to 55 lakes and three major ski resorts. We have an abundance of hiking trails, excellent fishing, tubing rivers and scenic drives. Plus, we are only 30 miles east of Spokane, WA, which offers access to Spokane Int'l Airport.
- Performs moderate to high complexity testing and waived testing in all sections of the lab
- Performs quality testing and assesses acceptability of results to ensure accuracy of patient results generated by highly complex analyzers
- Performs maintenance on highly complex analyzers per recommendations of the manufacturer to ensure best performance of the analyzer
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function
- Competent to meet age specific needs of the unit assigned
Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or related science required
- Documented training (internship) in clinical laboratory science focused on Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology and Blood banking required
- Documentation of successful completion of MLS (ASCP) examination for clinical laboratory science, Medical Laboratory science or equivalent
- MLS (ASCP), MT(ASCP) or CLS (ASCP) certification required
- Must be able to maintain a sitting position
- Must be able to maintain a standing position
- Must be able to stoop or crouch
- Typical equipment used in a clinical job
- Must be able to reach arms above or below shoulder height
- Must be able to move or traverse with/without accommodation
- Must be able to push, pull, or transport heavy equipment
About Kootenai Health
Kootenai Health has a solid reputation in the Pacific Northwest and has a rich history that spans nearly 60 years of innovation, achievements, and healthcare benchmarks. Our main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and includes a 330-bed community-owned hospital. We have been recognized among large employers as the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine and are regularly recognized by Cleverly and Associates for providing value to our community.
- Three Time Magnet Designated since 2006 – This designation is nursing's top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence. Kootenai was the first hospital in the Inland Northwest to receive this designation and the second in Idaho.
- Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network – In 2014, Kootenai Health became the 30th member, a national network of like-minded organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. Kootenai Health is the first health care organization in the Pacific Northwest to be selected as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and, like all network members, will remain a locally-owned and independent health care provider.
- Most Wired / Wireless Hospital, Hospital & Health Networks – Kootenai is consistently named one of the country's 100 Most Wired hospitals. In this same survey, Kootenai also earned a spot on the Top 25 Most Wireless hospitals.
- Three Time Great Workplace Award – Kootenai Health has been recognized as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world!
As your next employer, we are excited to offer you:
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums for full-time employees. Part-time employees pay only a small portion a month for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance program
- 457 retirement plan
- Convenient near campus daycare
- Competitive salaries with a 12% differential for nights and an 8% differential for weekends
- An award-winning and incentive-driven wellness program
- Employee reward, recognition, and retention programs
- Professional development and leadership training opportunities
- And much more
Have you considered a career at Kootenai Health? Maybe you should!
Kootenai Health complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or sex. Kootenai Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or sex.
Location: Kootenai Health · Laboratory
Schedule: Full Time, Variable