Medical Courier - #604275
Volunteers of America
Date: 11/25/2021 22:30 PM
City: Cheverly, Maryland
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Mary Marshall Assisted Living is looking for a Medical Courier to join its team. The Nursing Assistant role is to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as directed by clinical supervisors
Objective: The Medical Courier is to provide medical transportation and schedule medical appointments. Act as liaison between Mary Marshall staff, residents, and medical professionals in a timely, clear, and accurate manner. Other Resident Care Coordinator duties as required
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00a-4:00p
- Coordinate and complete medical appointments for Mary Marshall residents under the director of nursing staff and external clinical offices.
- Ensure residents are on time, with proper documentation for medical visits and be able to articulate residents' status and condition to internal Mary Marshall staff upon doctor's visits.
- Ensure that physician's orders are communicated to Mary Marshall nursing staff and documentation is complete for follow up.
- Advocate for the individual at the clinical office and accompany them into the physician examination as needed.
- Have a calming effect on the residents and address anxiety issues that arise in clinical settings.
- Practice safe transportation and have excellent driving skills.
- Must be able to provide a high level of accurate, clear communication between external clinical staff and Mary Marshall staff regarding pharmacy orders, testing required or performed, follow up protocols, and scheduling new appointments.
- Perform Resident Care Coordinator duties as needed.
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we’re also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we’ll trust you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you’ll be rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and workplace considerations.
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program
- Education: A minimum of high school education is required. Some college or mental health certification preferred. CPR certified.
- Experience: Mental/Behavioral health experience preferred; familiar with patient transport and care off site.
- Other Skills and Abilities Required: Clear driving record and ability to operate small bus and mini van vehicles. Clear criminal background check and drug screening. Must be a concise and accurate communicator, understand patient care during transport in and off site facilities, and have some experience in behavior management skills with residents.
- Mental Health
- Behavioral Health
- Assisted Living
- Health Care
Health Care, Nonprofit - Social Services