Teller - 30 Hours - 5th Ave Mall - #604305
Date: 11/25/2021 22:31 PM
City: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Important Note: If you are selected to move forward in the process, next steps for this job may include an on-line assessment and a video screen. Please make sure your profile includes a current email address that you check regularly (including your spam folder) as the invitations for these activities will be emailed to you. For internal candidates, you must apply via the Jobs site on Teamworks or Teamworks at Home and please ensure your profile lists a personal (external) email address as your primary email address so you can receive communications and complete these potential activities. Please refer to the Team Member Handbook for more information on the Internal Job Opportunities Process.
To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Branch Banking serves more than 70 million consumer and small business customers through a distribution network consisting of approximately 4,900 retail banking branches, complemented by online and digital channels, and a network of 13,000 ATMs across 36 states and Washington, D.C. Branch Banking includes the regions, Branch Banking Operations and Supervision, and Consumer Banking National Business Development.
A teller at Wells Fargo:
- Assists customers by providing exceptional customer service, accurately and efficiently processing their transactions.
- Engages in conversation with customers by actively listening and asking questions.
- Introduces customers to other Wells Fargo team members, as appropriate, to proactively help meet their financial needs.
- Informs customers of self-service digital options (as appropriate) to make banking easier for them.
- Follows policies and procedures to minimize risk.
- Maintains a cash drawer, including cash handling and balancing.
- Spends majority of time spent completing Teller transactions for customers.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 1+ year of experience interacting with people, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- Cash handling experience
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience working with others on a team to meet customer needs
- Ability to exercise judgment, raise questions to management, and adhere to policy guidelines
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Well-organized, independent and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
Other Desired Qualifications
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
AK-Anchorage: 320 W Fifth Avenue Ste. 168 - Anchorage, AK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.