Maintenance Clerk - #604307
Date: 11/25/2021 22:31 PM
City: Salem, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners – because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program – and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Maintain a safe and clean store facility environment. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment throughout the store for customers and employees performing cleaning tasks regularly and on an as needed basis.
- Maintains safe spill free floors (sales floor, backroom, restrooms, office, breakroom, etc.) by sweeping and mopping.
- Maintains sweep logs.
- Empties trash cans and trash bins throughout the interior and the exterior of store property.
- Maintains office and employee breakroom areas.
- Wipe down all walls and appliances (pop machines, vending machines, ATM, cases, rails, etc.)
- Cleans and sanitizes all restroom floors, fixtures, appliances, etc.
- Clean cases and glass doors throughout the store.
- Maintains can return machines and area. (Wipe down machines, empty bins, etc.)
- Dusts and vacuum store facilities.
- Assists with replacement of lamps in light fixtures.
- Clean and scrub the backrooms.
- Cooperates in a kind and courteous manner with customers.
- May assist in rounding up and bringing in shopping carts from parking lot as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours typically between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Perform moderate lifting (up to 30 lbs.)
- Crawl, bend, stoop, climb, balance, reach, walk, push, pull, maneuver in tight quarters, climb on ladders and scaffolding, etc.
- Use all types of approved chemicals and solvents.
- Work outside in cold, hot, and inclement weather conditions (rain, snow and sleet).
- Respond quickly to audible pages for spill clean up, customer service, accidents and emergencies, etc.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers and fellow employees.
- Learn safety and departmental policies and procedures.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Automatic floor scrubbing machine.
- Electric shopping cart caddy.
- Various hand tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.