Supervisor Clinical Health Services - #604351
Date: 11/25/2021 23:00 PM
City: Shawnee, Kansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Schedule is Monday-Friday, standard business hours, with occasional evening, weekend, and holiday work required, as needed.
Work from home position open to candidates located anywhere in KS.
The Supervisor is responsible for oversight of healthcare management staff including the organization and development of high performing teams. Works closely with functional area managers to ensure consistency in clinical interventions supporting our members. Accountable for meeting the financial, operational and quality objectives of the unit.
- Oversees the implementation of healthcare management services for assigned functional area Implements clinical policies & procedures in accordance with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. NCQA, URAC, state and federal standards and mandates as applicable)
- Serve as a content model expert and mentor to the team regarding practice standards, quality of interventions, problem resolution and critical thinking
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of best practice approaches and innovations to better address the member's needs across the continuum of care
- May act as a liaison with other key business areas.
- May develop/assist in development and/review new training content
- May collaborate/deliver inter and intra-departmental training sessions
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality
- Manages resources responsible for identification of members, development and implementation of care plans, enhancement of medical appropriateness and quality of care and monitoring, evaluating and documenting of care
- Develop, initiate, monitor and communicate performance expectations
- Ensures the team's understanding and use of information system capability and functionality
- May have responsibility for their own case load work
- May act as a single point of contact for the customer and the Account Team including: participation in customer meetings, implementation and oversight of customer cultural requirements, and support implementation of new customers.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process for staff using clearly defined requirements in terms of education, experience, technical and performance skills
- Assesses developmental needs and collaborates with others to identify and implement action plans that support the development of high performing teams
- Establish an environment and work style that promotes the concept of teamwork, cross product integration, and continuum of care thinking that results in strong performance
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to serve as an model change agent and lead change efforts
- Create a positive work environment by acknowledging team contributions, soliciting input, and offering personal assistance, when needed
- Accountable for maintaining compliance with policies and procedures and implements them at the employee level.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Ability to communicate effectively with Providers, Members, Staff and other Leaders both in oral and written formats
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focus on interventions to improve outcomes.
- Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Experience in team and relationship-building
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and web-based applications.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience.
- Minimum 1 year of leadership or supervisory experience.
- Active and unrestricted RN License in the state of Kansas OR Other Clinical Licensures in Behavioral Health. ( e.g. - LMSW, LCPC, LCSW, LMFT) active and unrestricted in the state of KS.
- Willing and able to travel using your own vehicle up to 10% of the time in the state of KS.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Managed Care experience.
- For RN licensure Bachelor's degree preferred.
- For other clinical licensures in behavioral health, Masters degree preferred.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.