(USA) Lead Counsel I - Tort Litigation - #604364
Date: 11/25/2021 23:00 PM
City: Jane, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
What you'll do...
Join the Litigation team and advise business and leadership about legal rights, obligations and risks while managing a docket of tort litigation cases for the world’s largest retailer. The Lead Counsel – Tort Litigation role is critical for developing mitigation strategies by ensuring consistent implementation of company policies and practices, including those relating to litigation and appeals. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to mitigate legal and business risk, providing legal advice and counsel. You will also retain, manage and collaborate closely with outside counsel to drive case strategy, review and edit court submissions, and manage legal spend.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Creating legal strategies for the Company’s general liability tort matters and a specialty portfolio on the Tort Litigation team
- Developing business best practices and procedures that will mitigate corporate risk
- Managing outside counsel and legal spend for tort litigation matters
- Providing legal advice and counsel to Walmart Claims Services and other internal stakeholders
- Identifying the need for legal support for business transactions and projects
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a subject matter expert in tort litigation (i.e. premises liability, premises security, products liability, etc.) as to both liability and damages across multiple jurisdictions
- You have first chair trial experience, particularly in tort litigation
- You’re driven to execute and to act quickly
- You’re process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years’ experience in law.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications
License to practice law in at least one state.
2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America