FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - #604369
80 Acres Farms
Date: 11/25/2021 23:00 PM
City: College Corner, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Future of Fresh is Here!
Food isn’t what it used to be. We made it better, and we did it by building a different kind of farm. A farm that doesn’t need sun, soil or favorable weather to do its thing. A farm where pesticides have no place—because everything’s indoors, monitored and controlled, 24/7. We built a farm where robots do the heavy lifting, so the humans can focus on growing the freshest, most nutritious food possible. A farm that can produce over 300 times more food than an ordinary farm. With 100% renewable energy. And 97% less water. Pretty unbelievable, right? Well, believe it. This farm is real. We call it 80 Acres Farms. Fresher food awaits you.
Powering 80 Acres Farms is the Infinite Acres technology platform, our closed loop, integrated, end-to end system with best-in-class hardware, software, and controls. The research and data teams at Infinite Acres give our farms the information and technology that make our plants grow better.
By combining our world-class technology with super-efficient vertical farming techniques, we produce a lot more in a much smaller space.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to make a difference and is fast on your feet, join a team that is shaking things up in the local food chain.
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for driving the 80 Acres Farms quality and food safety programs across Cincinnati-Hamilton area farms. With strong knowledge of food safety, sanitation and quality principles, regulatory standards and 80 Acres programs, the FSQA Manager will conduct process monitoring and verification as well as quality and food safety-based research projects to deliver the highest-quality product.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversight of cleaning and sanitation program across Cincinnati-Hamilton area farms.
- Verify farm compliance with regulatory requirements and current FSQA programs, including records for cleaning and sanitation, pre-op inspection, in-process & finished product checks. Report weekly results.
- Manage Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Manage calibration program.
- Train and supervise FSQA personnel at applicable farms.
- Conduct monthly internal audits for applicable Cincinnati-Hamilton area farms in compliance with GFSI certification requirements and 80 Acres programs.
- Drive continuous improvement projects as applicable.
- BS in Agriculture, Food Science, Chemistry, Postharvest Physiology and/or related equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in quality or food safety. Produce experience, including and pre and post-harvest is preferred.
- HACCP Trained/Certified.
- Knowledge of FSMA regulations for farms and facilities
- Ability to solve problems in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to facilitate and collaborate cross functionally with operations, R&D and commercial organizations.
- Proficient in use of computer systems and programs and detailed data collection
- Ability to work in a team environment.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION
Reports to: Director of Quality
Internal level/band: Lead Professional
About our benefits package: 80 Acres Farms offers a highly competitive package including health, dental and vision insurance; company paid life insurance; long-term and short-term disability insurance; voluntary life insurance; vacation and sick leave; 401K with pre-tax and Roth options; and company paid holidays.
About our hiring practices: 80 Acres Farms values inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer that participates in e-verify. Employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics. All candidates will be given the same consideration. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.