Entry Level Traffic Control Drafter/Designer - #604370
Javelin Utility Services Inc
Date: 11/25/2021 23:00 PM
City: Roseville, California
Salary: $20 - $22 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Javelin Utility Services is a fast-growing leader in the telecommunications services industries, headquartered in Roseville, CA that provides construction services to clients in Washington, Oregon, California, and Texas. Our team provides experience in the ISP and OSP fiber and copper cable upgrades, design & engineering, and traffic control services. We work for clients such as Charter/Spectrum Communications, MasTec, Wave Broadband, Wholesail, and others.
Javelin Utility Services Inc. is searching for an Entry Level Traffic Control Drafter/Designer to join us in our Roseville, California office. The role of a Traffic Control Drafter/Designer is to create maps and schematics for traffic control designs.
- Familiar with MUTCD standards.
- Meet required deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Use Rapid Plan to create maps and schematics for Traffic Control Designs
- Change existing drawings to accurately reflect telecommunication construction zones.
- Complete job summary and construction notes for review by project engineers
- Proficient use of Google Mapping, Google Docs, MS Word, Rapid Plan and Excel
- Must be a self-starter and work independently with conflicting deadlines
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Problem solving and critical-thinking skills in designing Traffic Control packages
- Provide quality drawings by peer review
- Attentive to detail and precision
- Takes pride in their work
- Effective Communication – Written and Verbal
- Reading and understanding maps, schematics, as-builts, and construction walk out drawings
- Must pass U/A Test (urinalysis)
- Javelin Utility Services Inc. is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a clean driving record and a Valid Driver’s License.
Javelin Utility Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.