1ST SHIFT WASTEWATER OPERATOR - #604382
JBS USA Food Company
Date: 11/25/2021 23:00 PM
City: Worthington, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Current opening in our Waste Water Treatment Plant at Worthington, MN JBS Pork Plant. Operates the wastewater treatment system, including monitoring, operating, and maintaining in compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
Employee will be required to work indoors and outdoors during seasonal heat and cold or other adverse weather conditions. Employee may be required to work where regularly they may be exposed to fumes, dust and odors, as well as high noise levels from operations in the plan
HOURS OF WORK:
1ST Shift – 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. Flexible as needed or required
Monitor and maintain adequate supply of water in equalization pit; proper amount of air in DAF tank
- Monitor and nitrate phosphate levels and steam temperature consistency; notify essential personnel when unusual levels occur
- Clean and sanitize wastewater treatment room, spray, and screens twice per hour with hot water hose
- Administer and measure chemical usage
- Attend meetings as scheduled or called
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned
Previous experience in the operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment facility preferred.
- Good people skills, ability to work well with others
- Good math skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision
- Good attendance record
- Must have knowledge of maintenance/waste water language and terminology to effectively communicate within the department as well as to technical persons over the phone
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.