Service Technician | Full-Time - #604383
Martin Tractor, Inc.
Date: 11/25/2021 23:00 PM
City: Eldred, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who is Martin Tractor, Inc.?
Martin Tractor, Inc. is a family owned and operated 4th generation John Deere Dealership. Our company started from humble beginnings in 1926 at a farmhouse in Roanoke, Illinois.
Over the last 95 years, our company has grown and Martin Tractor, Inc. currently has 13 locations across Central and Western Illinois. Martin Tractor Inc. has a unique culture, we have a small-town feel with all the benefits of a larger corporation.
We are currently looking to add a Service Technician to our Martin Tractor, Inc. team.
Why should you join Martin Tractor, Inc.?
- We offer 401K and Roth retirement plans with company-paid Safe Harbor employer retirement contribution.
- Free development opportunities in your field of knowledge, incentive pay programs, and employee discounts.
- Membership opportunities to Deere Employees Credit Union.
- For Full-time employees only:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Free doctor online consultations.
- Access to the V.I.P. network of physicians, outpatient facilities, and other services No cost to employees for procedures who are on PPO medical plan.
- Company-paid basic life insurance.
- Free Will, Living Wills, POA, and free Employee Assistance Program.
- Supplemental life, Short term, and Long-term disability.
- Start earning generous PTO time as soon as you start working.
What will a Service Technician do?
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a timecard and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Ability to perform advanced repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions.
- Ability to lift at least 75lbs. repeatedly.
- Advanced Service Technician certification preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
What does it mean to be a member of the Martin Tractor, Inc. organization?
- Martin Tractor, Inc. and its dedicated employees are trusted partners, delivering and supporting premium products and personalized solutions to agriculture, consumer, and commercial customers to ensure long-term success.
- Our vision is to be the indispensable partner in building lifelong relationships over multiple generations.
- How do we do this? By adhering to our core values of Integrity, Commitment, Innovation, and Teamwork.
We invite you to apply to become a part of our honest, hardworking, and dynamic group of dedicated employees.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants and internal transfers will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.