CDL Class A Delivery Driver - #604397
Performance Food Group
Date: 11/25/2021 23:30 PM
City: Bangor, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
First week training pay $19.63/hr, daily minimum of $207 while in Route training. Full Route pay averages between $250 - $300/day!
Experienced Delivery Drivers Can Earn Up to An Additional $5,000 through our Hiring Bonus!
Health Benefits on Day 1! Home Daily!
Like a good challenge? Team atmosphere? Physically active? Growth potential?
Being a Class A Delivery Driver is a great career opportunity!
In a recent survey, 93% of our Associates responded to the question, "What are the greatest strengths of your company?" with these responses:
- Teamwork, dedicated, long tenured, knowledgeable Associates who get the job done.
- Experienced Management with good communication, open door policy.
- The Culture – it's good & fair place to work.
- High level of customer service with quality products.
- Local Company with Corporate backing - Local control to fix issues.
- Long history of promoting from within.
- It's nice to work in a place where you feel like people are there for you.
Click here for more info!
A Delivery Driver is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight truck intrastate and/or interstate on local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight routes to deliver and unload various food and food related products to customers. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paperwork associated with freight.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
- Health Benefits on Day 1
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Click Here for a Job Preview