Warehouse Worker - #604424
Big Tex Trailer Manufacturing Llc
Date: 11/25/2021 23:30 PM
City: Franklin, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a job working for TexTrail Trailer World
Are you driven by a good challenge? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and make things happen? We are actively seeking hard-working problem solvers to join us at TexTrail, the fastest growing trailer parts distributor in the U.S. Our small-town culture and big-city growth make for a truly unique workplace. We have the most tenured team in the industry because every team member has a voice. At TexTrail, team members are empowered to identify opportunities, improve our processes and act as ambassadors for determining and fulfilling our customers’ needs.
Are you looking to join a successful and growing industry leader with a unique family culture? Let’s talk!
This position receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in materials, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move material and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust, and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- One year of prior warehouse clerk experience preferred.
- Forklift operation
- Loading and unloading trucks w/supplies
- Basic computer skills
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.