Manager, Workforce Strategies & Solutions (Rotational) - #604447
Date: 11/26/2021 00:00 AM
City: Hartford, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
With significant shifts in both the environment and our firm strategy, the talent marketplace and the Deloitte workforce are evolving at a critical pace. The firm is embracing this unique opportunity to not only rethink how we deliver our services, but also where and how we source, hire, engage and develop talent, and drive a more differentiated talent experience for our people.
Deloitte's Workforce Strategies & Solutions (WSS) team will collaborate across the Deloitte businesses to shape our future workforce strategy - including the design, development, and implementation of 'future of work' strategies, human centered end-to-end workforce solutions, and strategic workforce planning initiatives. The team will tackle the firm's most critical workforce strategy opportunities today through the design of innovative strategies and solutions that will propel us into the future of work tomorrow.
As a Manager on the Workforce Strategy & Solutions team, you will support Deloitte's highest priority cross-functional talent initiatives to bring our Workforce Strategy to life. Your day consists of innovating, incubating, designing, implementing key workforce initiatives that drive business outcomes and optimize the talent experience. Initiatives could include designing and developing the future of career paths and progression models, creative acquisition strategies, enhancements to how we clarify expectations and manage performance, and other Talent strategy work.
The Work You'll do
On this team you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our current workforce across the Deloitte US Firms and help shape our workforce of the future. You will operate as a trusted partner of our Business and Talent leaders, designing end-to-end solutions across the Talent lifecycle that will secure our position as the 1) professional services provider of choice for our clients and 2) employer of choice for our evolving workforce. You will be asked to connect dots between various talent initiatives, inside and outside this team, establish relationships with Talent leaders, and shepherd innovative solutions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deploy workforce solutions, using data and feedback to generate creative, advanced, and highly valued solutions using a human centered design approach
- Lead end-to-end workforce solutions including gathering business requirements, designing, and implementing solution components; Manage the work through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Develop compelling, logically structured presentations and deliverables to communicate strategy to Talent and business leaders
- Create and manage key stakeholder relationships; Identify integration points between WSS strategy work and other Talent and business initiatives; Create and manage key stakeholder relationships, influencing and aligning disparate teams and efforts around shared vision and strategy
- Design facilitation approaches to engage variety of stakeholders along the project lifecycle
- Maintain an understanding of market shifts and talent trends and how they impact our business and workforce needs and adapt solutions accordingly; Oversee market assessment threads of key initiatives
- Develop approaches to understand and assess the needs of our professionals, our Businesses and trends in the marketplace
- Manage, coach, and support the success of junior team members via both formal and informal reporting relationships
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degrees strongly preferred
- 5-7 years' experience in human capital consulting OR in-depth knowledge and experience with the Deloitte Talent channel in strategic or project-based roles; Specialized knowledge and skills in strategy and operations, workforce/talent strategy, HR service delivery, and/or human-centered design methodologies
- Demonstrated client service orientation; Strong consultative skills, project management/delivery and team leadership; Experience having scoped and driven large scale change initiatives across complex organizations
- Solution orientation; leverages knowledge gained through prior experience, education, training to anticipate risks and resolve issues
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen; an understanding of the professional services industry and/or Deloitte business
- Demonstrated ability to make timely, informed decisions that consider data, goals, constraints, and risks from multiple perspectives.
- Ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders
- Outstanding written, visual (PowerPoint) and verbal communication and relationship management skills. Ability to create simple stories around complex topics and appeal to the needs of multiple stakeholders
Executive presence; Workshop design and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, complex, and ambiguous start-up environment; Agile mindset and ability to pivot and respond to unexpected project turns
- Demonstrated ability to lead a distributed, cross-functional team and build strong peer relationships across the Deloitte network
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 62847