Community Health Worker- Dover - #604476
Date: 11/26/2021 00:00 AM
City: Greensboro, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. This position will work out of both the Dover and Middletown PCP Office
Establish trusting relationships with patients and their families while providing general support, encouragement and promoting general health and well-being.
- Conduct intake interviews with patients/families, including enrolling and/or referring patients into appropriate community programs. Provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate
- Provide health re-education on topics related to medications, therapies, health promotion, and informal counseling.
- Partner with medical team, social work, and care coordinators for follow up with patients/parents via phone calls, home visits and visits to other settings where the patient can be found.
- Help patients connect with transportation resources and give appointment reminders as appropriate.
- Assist in managing care and care transitions for vulnerable populations by establishing supportive relationships with families via regular and ongoing communication to identify and address issues that may contribute to poor health and readmissions.
- Collaborate with the medical and social work team to address and document non-medical issues that affect the health of Nemours patients.
- Utilize problem solving skills to assist in unusual or difficult patient/family situations. Assist with access to medical insurance, specialty pharmacies.
- Identify, create and nurture relationships with local agencies, schools, churches and other programs that can provide services to children and their families.
- Community Healthcare experience
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred