Culinary II - #604506
Agua Caliente Casino • Resort • Spa
Date: 11/26/2021 00:01 AM
City: Idyllwild, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Agua Caliente Cathedral City - Cathedral City, CA
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the cooking, production of entrée, vegetable, and specialty station foods. May also cook roasted items to be used in other food outlets. Must be able to maintain high quality food flavor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Prepares foodstuffs working safely, cleanly, efficiently and organized in a high volume and high quality environment
- Follows recipe specifications and maintains high quality and consistency
- Assists all team members with food preparation, receiving and stewarding duties, when necessary
- Assists Sous Chef with buffet production. Helps transport food and assists receiving in putting away food products
- Keeps all refrigerators, freezers, and dry storage areas organized and cleaned daily. Applies proper food handling & rotation.
- Communicate effectively to all guests regarding produced food
- Provide excellent guest service to both guests and internal clients,
- Must adhere to all Tribal Ordinance, Regulations, and the ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, and Standard Operating Procedures.
Access to Sensitive Areas and Information
As per the ACGC Access Matrix
Required Education and/or Experience
- Minimum two years kitchen experience
- Exemplary communication guest service skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
- Professional knife skills.
- Has production kitchen knowledge of soups and sauces
- Ability to follow all recipes including extensive culinary vocabulary along with the understanding of weights and measures
- Ability to effectively operate kitchen equipment like mixers, braises, tilt kettles, etc
- Possess a Riverside County Department of Environmental Health Food Handlers Certificate or be able to obtain a Riverside County Health Department card within one week of employment. Pass ACC test of culinary basics and dessert descriptions.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the work area and properties, including walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, standing, stooping, reaching and/or carrying for some or the duration of the shift. Also will be subjected to a smoke filled environment on the casino floor.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment or near kitchen hoods. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use kitchen small wares and knives.