Clinical Engineering Technician - #604512
Date: 11/26/2021 00:01 AM
City: New Hyde Park, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Performs repairs and maintenance of patient, and non patient care equipment according to established standards. Calibrates machines and provides technical assistance to equipment users and junior members of the department. Maintains proper documentation on all activities and oversees correct installation of new equipment; performs preventive maintenance inspections, safety tests, calibrations, and repairs on that equipment as necessary
- May install, adjust, maintain, and/or repair biomedical equipment as needed.
- Tests, evaluates, and assigns SMI control device numbers to all new medical and laboratory equipment, prior to equipment use.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs and calibrates patient, lab and research equipment.
- Provides advice and guidance to Junior Biomedical Engineering specialist.
- Performs preventive maintenance and calibration of patient, and non patient care equipment.
- Evaluates the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.