Senior SDET, Data Engineering - [Remote] - #604545
Date: 11/26/2021 00:30 AM
City: Beckley, West Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a key challenge — it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly, they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about using our skills to do good. From data science, to design, engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and beyond — we believe in people who believe they can make the world even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is HiRoad.
- Responsible for automated test creation/maintenance, testing a single component or complete end to end systems
- Develop scalable and robust test automation frameworks and scripts for machine learning models
- Understanding of machine learning techniques, data structures, algorithms, statistics. Work with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to make sure that the functional, non-functional requirements are addressed and traced in the solution architecture
- Setting up automated test systems to build full stack testing suites fit into CI/CD pipeline
- Research new or better alternate automated testing solutions to keep pace with the evolving machine learning techniques
- Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business
- Establish and improve metrics collection and reporting
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking and design end to end test scenarios to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building API test suites
- 3-5 years of related practical experience in microservices application testing
- Expertise in developing the automation suites, frameworks for verification of microservices-based systems
- Prior experience with streaming services, preferably Kafka
- Experience with at least one cloud provider solution , preferably AWS
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- P&C Insurance domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Expert in breaking down problems and identify scenarios to provide end to end test coverage
- Able to work under minimal supervision and quick to adopt new technologies
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Exposure to Machine Learning algorithms
- QA experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Bonus Points: If you have previous Frontend, Backend or DevOps experience
- Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience, skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
- We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of a child.
- Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance each year for professional learning, continuing education, and career development.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time zones.
- Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office re-opens.
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.