Nursing Asst Cert-HH - #604551
Date: 11/26/2021 00:30 AM
City: Sumter, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, Licensed Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist, assumes responsibility for the collection of data related to patient status, performance of basic nursing procedures and therapeutic exercises, on-going collection and documentation of patient data; assistance with treatments and procedures and assistance with maintenance of patient care equipment.
- Provides age-appropriate patient care based upon individualized plan of care as directed by the Registered Nurse (or Licensed Professional) including the patient's physical, emotional needs, cultural, spiritual, psychosocial and educational needs.
- Demonstrates effective use of time and resources in the delivery of assigned patient care.
- Adheres to policies related to patient rights, confidentiality and customer service standards.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in collaboration with other health team members to ensure optimal functioning of the Agency.
- Performs basic nursing procedures and other specific tasks and treatments including thermal application, non-sterile soaks, application of simple dressings, perineal care, foot care and therapeutic exercise.
- Documents and reports patient status and condition which may include vital signs, intakes and out puts, etc. to appropriate RN, PT, OT, ST.
- Adheres to established department policies, procedures, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Practices within guidelines of all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and participates in on-going process improvement activities.
- Maintains and / or ensures adequate maintenance of patient medical records and treats as confidential.
- Maintains skills, agency-based competencies and completes annual mandatory continuing education requirements for certification.
- Provides comfort and pain management measures
- Completes required Agency documentation accurately to include documentation of care, charge tickets and mileage reimbursement.
This is a non-management job that report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent
Experience - 1 year CNA
CNA - SOUTH CAROLINA CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Lawson Code NCNA)
SCDL - South Carolina DRIVERS LICENSE (Lawson Code LSCD)
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Evidence of current auto insurance
- CPR/BLS certification
- Knowledge of office equipment
Day (United States of America)
1572 Hospice - Tuomey - Payroll Only
15726050 Nursing Service
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.