Entry-Level Labor - #604572
Sierra Pacific Industries
Date: 11/26/2021 00:30 AM
City: Whispering Pines, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs
Currently, we have entry-level positions with great opportunities for advancement at our division based in Anderson, CA.
About The Position
- Entry level position with opportunity to learn and explore many jobs within the plant site including production, equipment maintenance, and supervision
- Learn to fill in on various machine stations
- Shovel, rake, and sweep wood byproducts
- Stack and pile lumber
- The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
- Repetitive lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
- Work may consist of day, swing, or graveyard shift work, with some overtime and weekend work required during busy production times
- We look for applicants with recent, related work history and verifiable references
- All applicants must be at least age 18
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
19758 Riverside Avenue
Anderson, CA 96007
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.