Human Resources Director - #604583
Gila Regional Medical Center
Date: 11/26/2021 00:30 AM
City: Silver City, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The HR Director is responsible for managing the Human Resources Department. S/he defines, develops and implements Human Resources initiatives for the organization, including labor cost management, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and leadership development. S/he develops policies and procedures, and provides employee relations and legal compliance guidance to managers and caregivers.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates human resource management programs and activities, including caregiver compensation, recruitment, HR policies, benefits administration and regulatory compliance.
- Manages the employee benefits program. Administers all caregiver benefit plans, including health, dental, and 403(3) plans. Manages all third party benefit vendors and contracts, and develops and implements benefit policies and procedures.
- Provides employee relations and legal compliance guidance to caregivers and managers on an as needed basis, with regard to hiring, termination, discipline, etc.
- Communicates organization-wide the changes or additions to policies, procedures, benefits and compensation.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws pertaining to human resource issues, including filing all required legal documentations.
- Oversees the maintenance and security of confidential HR files.
- Ensures compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity in all employment related areas, including hiring, termination, and promotion.
- Oversees the recruitment process and assesses recruitment strategies.
- Manages the compensation program. Provides advice and counsel regarding starting salaries for new positions. Maintains GRMC's Wage Structure to ensure fairness within the organization and competitiveness in the market.
- Administers the annual performance review process.
- Supervises The HR Department staff, projects, and day-to-day activities.
- Prepares and manages the departmental budget.
- Serves on the Administrative Team and assists with decision making and strategic planning as deemed appropriate.
- Coordinates projects and performs other appropriate duties as necessary for efficient, effective operation of the department and/or as requested by the CEO.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in HR Management or Business Administration; 5 years hospital Human Resources experience may substitute for the Degree
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program and complete within 24 months
- PHR or SPHR Certification Required
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Human Resources Director
- Minimum 5 years hospital Human Resources Director experience
Note: Job description available upon request.
All required documents must be presented at time of hire.
EXTERNAL APPLICANT: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
GRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer