UX Writer (Remote) - #604603
Date: 11/26/2021 01:00 AM
City: Berlin, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you interested in changing the landscape of Ed Tech, working on products which can benefit anyone, anywhere?
Sololearn is on a mission to build the most fun, accessible, and effective technical learning experience worldwide. We aim to help anyone, anywhere bridge the technical skills gap to future, life-changing careers. We're changing the way people learn how to code by building a habit-forming experience for people to learn at their own pace, with bite-sized lessons and unique ways to practice. Joining Sololearn is an opportunity to build products which benefit the millions of current learners in our community, the enterprise sector across multiple industries, and the billions of learners who will want or need to reskill over the next decade.
We change lives by teaching people how to code. Want to join us?
We're looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Senior UX Writer to join our global product team and help shape the future of our learning experience.
At Sololearn, we deeply care about design and teaching. We balance our work between fixing what's broken, imagining what could be amazing, and digging into the most interesting ideas we can find on how people learn. We want to create fun experiences that focus on retention of users as much as retention of knowledge.
Your role will primarily be to work with the content and product teams to improve the quality of UX writing and course content within the product. There's a lot to do, and you'll need to plan for how you can most effectively make targeted improvements that meaningfully impact product performance.
Your role will involve:
- Heavily contributing to redefining how people consume educational content on mobile
- Making mobile learning refreshingly simple, effective, and enjoyable
- Relentlessly refining the current in-product messaging by crafting clear, elegant and intelligent copy that meets user needs and conveys our brand personality
- Collaborating with designers, researchers and product managers to identify and prioritize areas for improvement; working with those teams to develop cohesive product solutions
- Actively working with user researchers and data analysts to identify what user insights are needed to make informed decisions about copy and design
- Understanding how qualitative and quantitative user insights can be leveraged to improve the content experience
- Educating the business on the impact of proper messaging and proving its value every day, through both quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Setting measurable KPIs to demonstrate the value of investing in content improvements
- Working with other content specialists from across the business to contribute to a language system, editorial guidelines and tone of voice
- Clearly justify, document, and communicate design decisions
- Balancing user needs with business goals, to make sure the product is both delightful to use and meets key business KPIs
- A proactive approach to fixing problems, even when they're not in "your" area
- Balancing perfectionism with the ability to focus on delivering the highest-value improvements.
We want you to feel challenged, yet comfortable at Sololearn :). To make sure we're a good match, you should have most of the following:
- 5+ years of experience as UX writer, Content Strategist, Content Designer or similar
- A portfolio of mobile/product design work that demonstrates the skill and impact of your writing
- To be a strong team-player and have experience collaborating with UX/UI designers, product managers, data analysts and developers, ideally in a remote setting
- Experience working on live digital (preferably mobile) products that are used by a diverse, demanding, global, multi-lingual customer base
- Laser focus on identifying and prioritising user needs using both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Native-level proficiency in English (you don't need to be a native speaker—you just need to be as fluent as one!)
- Demonstrable experience of making data- and research-driven decisions about content
- Good understanding of how metrics, KPIs and data can be applied to content performance
- The confidence to influence product and feature direction through collaboration with product managers, designers and developers
- Strong understanding of accessibility and inclusivity best-practice
It would be cool, if you had:
- Knowledge of behavioral psychology and/or learning design
- Experience working on a product that's translated and/or localised
- Experience with creating editorial style guides and embedding their use in a company
Sololearn is a global organization with a distributed workforce that encourages travel between our offices, avoids boring people, and loves to have fun together. If you think we're a fit together, let us know by applying to this position.
Sololearn is an equal opportunity employer. Sololearn makes all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.