Accounting Specialist - Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services - #604627
Marion County, OR
Date: 11/26/2021 01:00 AM
City: Willamina, Oregon
Salary: $1,945 - $2,604 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Marion County Health & Human Services Department is in search of an experience clerical professional to join our team as an Accounting Specialist within the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) program. This position will join a team that works together to support Personal Support Workers (PSW's) with the application process, reviews and processes bi-weekly time sheets and supports Service Coordinators and individuals in our program with authorized purchases of family support items. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills and will enjoy a fast paced, diverse work environment.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Perform detailed accounting work including financial record keeping in the assigned area of specialty, prepare and analyze financial, statistical and accounting summaries and reports.
Work under the supervision of a supervisor who assigns work and reviews results for conformance to department policies and standards.
Supervision of other employees is not a responsibility of positions in this class. However, incumbents may exercise lead responsibility over other employees.
Typical Duties - Duties include, but are not limited to the following
Personal Support Worker (PSW) Support:
- Review, process and authorize payment for Personal Support Worker (PSW) timesheets.
- Respond and assist with questions and concerns received through DD Processing phone line, in person and/or email
- Coordinate with I/DD Management Analysts for Plan of Care (POC) updating and troubleshooting.
- Process PSW credential renewals in eXPRS
- Request and process out of cycle checks as needed.
- Receive and track Service Agreements
- Assist with PSW and Employer of Record (EOR) enrollment and renewal processes
- Process background checks for PSWs and EORs within 48 hours of submission
- Track and document PSW auto insurance and driver’s license renewals
Family Support Purchases
- Process vendor statements and purchase requests for family support purchases.
- Purchase using county issued p-card, track, receive and reconcile.
- Enter family support purchase information into eXPRS for reimbursement.
- Purchase bus passes and distribute as necessary
DD Processing Team Support and backup:
- Create and update spreadsheets as necessary
- Submit Medicaid fraud referrals/recommendations
- Actively participate in team and program meetings
Other job duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Response Level 2: In the event of an emergency, employee makes a reasonable effort to report to work. Employee may be required to perform duties outside of their regularly assigned duties. Employee may be requested to work an extended or flexible schedule. Staff at this response level must complete Incident Command System 100 and 700 online or in-person training.
Requirements for the Position
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Graduation from high school or equivalent; AND
- Two years of experience in responsible accounting and, or bookkeeping work; OR
- Any satisfactory combination of work, education, training, or experience relevant to the position, as determined by Marion County.
- Must possess a current driver's license in the applicant's state of residence and an acceptable driving history. Marion County will obtain a copy of the driving record for all qualified applicants from Driver and Motor Vehicle Services and review the driving record according to the Marion County policy and procedure for Driving on County Business. The policy can be found at: http://apps.co.marion.or.us/APAP/.
- The finalist for this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check; however, conviction of a crime may not necessarily disqualify an individual for this position.
- This position may be subject to the following: Must not be excluded from participation in the federal health care programs (Medicaid, Medicare and other federally funded programs that provide health benefits); AND must not be excluded from participating in federal procurement (Federal Acquisition Regulation) and non-procurement activities (Executive Order No. 12549).
- This assignment is represented by a union.
- This is a full-time position, which is eligible for overtime.
- Typical Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with flexibility depending upon the needs of the department and program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Detailed knowledge of principles and practices of financial record keeping; accounting and bookkeeping systems, procedures and techniques; financial terminology; financial information systems and spreadsheet software; office practices, procedures and equipment.
Skills and abilities to interpret and process financial documents according to appropriate procedures; accurately count, record and balance transactions; perform arithmetic calculations and enter data with speed and accuracy; operate a calculator, computer terminal, typewriter and other office equipment; analyze and interpret data; exercise good judgment in making finance related decisions; act as an accounting resource to all county departments and assist in applying accounting practices to diverse business environments; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with vendors, customers and county employees.
Operates a motor vehicle; stands, sits, moves about the work area, bends forward, and climbs one floor of stairs; reaches overhead; lifts and carries items weighing 20 lbs.; operates a keyboard; speaks in a clear and audible voice; reads 12 point font; ability to hear at a normal speech level; occasionally will have exposure to dust or office chemicals such as copier and fax machine toner.