Packaging Operator (Crew B) Grand Forks FG - #604630
Date: 11/26/2021 01:00 AM
City: Grand Forks, North Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Packaging Operator tends, maintains, and adjust machine that stock, fill, wrap, seal and label bags with finished product. This individual ensures that product and bagging requirements are met safely, efficiently and with minimal waste. The Packaging Operator inspects bagging line processes and materials and responds promptly to any machine malfunctions.
- Monitors and ensures metal detectors are tested and fully functional.
- Monitors check-weigher kickoffs and notifies management of concerns when necessary. Controls packaging weights for main line or specialty products.
- Reads and understands training materials, and other information related to the job and complete paperwork in a timely, efficient manner so the paperwork is thorough and legible. Must be able to enter data into computer.
- Monitors and ensures quality of bag condition, proper codes, case condition, glue condition and metal detector checks. Recycles product from faulty packaging.
- Responsible for cleanliness of work area and equipment and ensures work area meets company standards for cleanliness of work area. Responsible for data entry for sanitation into MMS.
- Ensures materials are supplied and loaded for all equipment on the assigned line.
- Responsible to operate and perform adjustments to packaging equipment. (i.e., unclog packaging machines, changing paper, testing, and scale vibrator cleaning.)
- Responsible to report malfunctions to a mechanic, lead, or supervisor. Assists maintenance while lines are running or during downtime of line or plant
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
3+ years related experience and/or training
Job Requisition ID: 6009
Travel Required: None
Location(s): FG Plant - Grand Forks
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.