Grocery Clerk - #604644
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 11/26/2021 01:00 AM
City: Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Maintains product levels and quality control in grocery department. Ensures products are displayed in accordance with Company standards and all regulatory food safety practices. Performs various customer service duties and promotes sales building practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains full stock conditions on grocery display racks and shelves
- Operates pallet jack to unload product from warehouse trucks and reloads trucks with return items (partners 18yrs.+)
- Ensures dated product is stocked, rotated, or discarded properly if unsold
- Inspects product for quality and maintains quality control and food safety standards
- Collects empty cardboard boxes and other trash and places into bailer (partners 18yrs.+).
- Scans items, places items on weight scale and keys produce codes, ensures correct check-out totals for customers, and maintains accurate money count in cash register drawer.
- Collects shopping carts and stores them in the cart corral. Keeps parking lot free of trash and debris; communicates with management any incidents, actions, or concerns occurring on store premises
- Assists fellow partners and customers by responding to price check questions and exchanging and/or locating product.
- Promotes product sales through use of suggestive selling initiatives.
- Takes precautionary safety measures when using equipment and work tools.
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and bagging and transporting customers’ groceries
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to memorize produce codes and tender policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate manual and electric pallet jack (partners 18 yrs.+).
- Ability to count and calculate for the purpose of cash handling and sales transactions
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with customers and partners
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 18 years of age required to operate equipment.
- TABC/LACT certification required where applicable.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to outside temperatures and weather.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.