Transportation Safety Analyst - #604652
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Date: 11/26/2021 01:00 AM
City: Bolton Valley, Vermont
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
We are creative problem-solvers
We work hard, and we give back
We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB is seeking a dynamic and talented Transportation Safety Analyst to join our Transportation Systems Team in our South Burlington, VT office. The selected candidate will support our clients’ efforts to plan and design new and improved urban transportation facilities that support all transportation modes and reduce crashes and injuries in our local communities.
- Working within a team of professionals in developing traffic and transportation planning, safety, and engineering solutions for multimodal transportation projects
- Traffic engineering analysis, including design and operational focused analysis
- Traffic data collection tabulation, and analysis
- Research and interpret transportation data, community statistics, and demographics
- Communications support
- Safety studies (from intersection to statewide level)
- Roadway and intersection conceptual design
- Prepare written planning documents, summarize information collected by others, and assemble reports
Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of transportation engineering principles
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn and ability to take responsibility
- Proficiency in at least some of the following systems: GIS, statistical software (R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, etc.), programming languages such as Python, Synchro/SimTraffic, AutoCAD or Microstation, Word, Excel, Access, database management, or similar.
- Familiarity with national and local transportation engineering standards, including AASHTO, MUTCD, and/or ITE guidance documents
- Understanding of highway safety fundamentals
- Preference for familiarity with Highway Safety Manual and related tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or related field
- Related transportation safety background
- 0 to 5 years of experience
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.