SDET, Claims [Remote] - #604671
Date: 11/26/2021 01:30 AM
City: Martinsburg, West Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a key challenge — it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly, they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about using our skills to do good. From data science, to design, engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and beyond — we believe in people who believe they can make the world even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is HiRoad.
BlueOwl is a separate company in the State Farm® family of companies and the solutions provider for HiRoad Insurance, an InsurTech brand that recognizes and rewards good choices. Operating independently with the backing of the #1 auto insurer in the country, we blend the best aspects of a tech startup and an industry leader. To see what we've helped build so far, check out HiRoad.com.
At BlueOwl, we envision a world where data driven behavior fuels better lives. We started with the reinvention of insurance and a bold mission to create a data science powered platform that actually helps people become better drivers. We aspire to be the best in the business at identifying low-risk drivers by harnessing the power of data with an innovative technology stack.
It's a big goal, and that's where you come in. We're growing a world class team of data science, engineering, design, product, marketing and mobile technologists because we know that the key to success isn't just about nailing the technology—it's hiring the talented people who will help us make a quantifiable impact.
- Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area
- Develop scalable and robust test automation frameworks and scripts
- Design and develop integration, regression, and performance tests using industry standard tools
- Research new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking and design end to end test scenarios to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Lead software quality engineering discussions in a detailed manner and mentors other quality engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience with claims insurance business
- 3+ years of strong programming and scripting experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing test framework from scratch
- 5+ years of experience in designing scenarios for end to end Claims lifecycle
- Integration testing skills with knowledge on handling Claims and integrated applications testing with soap ui and web services
- 5+ years of experience in P&C claims testing
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable automation framework
- 2+ years of experience in integrating testing artifacts with CI/CD pipeline
- P&C Insurance domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Expert in breaking down problems and identify scenarios to provide end to end test coverage
- Able to work under minimal supervision and quick to adopt new technologies
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.