Kitchen Closer (Back of House) - #604690
Freebirds World Burrito
Date: 11/26/2021 01:30 AM
City: Richardson, Texas
Salary: $12 - $14 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why work for Freebirds?
- Pay: Up to $12-14/hour (including tips)
- Employee Meal Discounts
- Healthcare as low as $5 per month*
- Flexible Schedules
- Refer a Friend and Get Rewarded $$
- Career Development Opportunities
- Expert on both hot side and cold side of kitchen, griller, and runner.
- Handling of raw proteins in a safe manner at all times.
- Knows how to work all kitchen equipment.
- Understands the impact of waste and follows proper procedures for waste reduction.
- Knows how to and assist with opening and breakdown of grill (proper closing and cleaning procedures).
- Oversee cooking of all proteins for the line ensuring great quality.
- Maintain solid pace throughout the shift.
- Communicate with the food runner/kitchen to ensure product levels are maintained.
- Maintain kitchen safety standards.
- Labels and dates all product accurately, using sure date system.
- Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Freebirds standards.
- Practices FIFO (First In, First Out), when restocking items on the line.
- Keeps stations clean and organized throughout shift.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize when food does not meet standards and corrects the issue.
- Works and communicates effectively with cold side kitchen station to ensure prep lists is completed.
- Understands and utilizes prep calculator prep sheets.
- Trained on safe, effective use of cleaning chemicals and knows how to properly store chemicals.
Back of House is responsible for ensuring that all food is prepared in a safe and effective manner according to Freebirds recipes and procedures experienced candidates may be well versed in FIFO procedures, have strong knife handling skills, and kitchen equipment experience
- Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees and work as part of a team by helping others.
- Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Kitchen prep and strong knife skills required.
- Understanding of FIFO protein standards and procedures.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time with frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
- 0-2 years of industry related experience.