Dietary Assistant - #604691
Volunteers of America
Date: 11/26/2021 01:30 AM
City: Fremont, Ohio
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking to pick up some shifts in the afternoons? Then look no further! We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™! Come be a part of a 125-year organization!
Bethesda Care Center seeks two Dietary Assistants to come aboard in Fremont, OH!
Our Shift Options are:
- Evening Shift - 3p-7p, 4-5 days a week 20 hours, with $600 Sign on Bonus
Objective: If you are looking for a career that serves others, this is the place for you. Our dietary services combine food safety with great taste, allowing our residents to enjoy meals they love. The successful candidate will get to learn about various dietary restrictions and needs, ways food can be prepared to assist with any mechanical eating restrictions and best of all, you get to learn about our residents, the heart of our community.
Why Choose Volunteers of America during this pandemic?
Work where you feel safe. During the National Public Health Emergency caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, do you want to work in one of the safest environments possible? A place where the people you serve average 85% fully vaccinated? A place where your co-workers will also be fully vaccinated? Recently, the Healthcare division of Volunteers of America National Services decided to require vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. While this decision was difficult, we understand that we care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we serve. This commitment extends to another very important group of individuals, our employees.
Join us today in providing care and services to older adults in an organization that cares deeply about the health and well-being of others; those we care for, our employees, our community and our Nation.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
4. Numerical ability for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
5. Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as preparing food items, carrying quantity foods, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning assigned work areas.
6. Coordination and dexterity for preparing food and operating dietary equipment safely.
7. Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Endurance Assessment
Customer Service, Health Care, Nonprofit - Social Services